Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a whirlpool duet washer, had power outage and control…

Customer Question
Have a whirlpool duet...

Have a whirlpool duet washer, had power outage and control lock light came on. pressed button and held for more than 3 seconds nothing happened. How can I reset this unit

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approximately 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Can I?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

on the back it says w100007190/4619 702 25122
no

the model /serial number is ***** the door on the face frame after the door is opened on front loaders.

And if the No , was referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

Your answer is completely useless the door is locked if I could get it open I would not be trying to deal with your service. I feel your service is unsatisfactory

Ok NO where in your post did you mentions that the door was locked all you said anything about LOCK was the control lock light was on !

I`m not a mind reader if you do not give me all the information , I do not know all the information.

I`m trying to assist you but unfortunately I do not have a crystal ball .

Does your unit have a full front panel or does it have a small panel below the door?