Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE fridge model gsl25jfxjlb water has stopped coming out…

Customer Question
My GE fridge model...

My GE fridge model gsl25jfxjlb water has stopped coming out and also stopped making ice? Any ideas or a local service tech number in the 95678 zip code area.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model # gsl25jfxjlb and its probably 7 or 8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its a simple fix but if I had a professional come out that would be great

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's the only issue

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

GE icemakers are a bit different. Try turning the switch off. Wait 60 seconds and turn the switch back on. Push the white paddle in 3 times slowly within 15 seconds. Then wait 2 minutes. You should see the icemaker start to cycle. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

If you wanted to call a technician out to look at your refrigerator, you can call 1.***-***-**** which is GE's servicer number.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

where is the fill tube located exactly?

Behind the icemaker just above it. It comes through the back wall just behind and above the icemaker.