Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum Wash machine Model Number…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Whirlpool Cabrio Platinum Wash machine Model Number WTW8200YW0 and this machine while sounds like a jet taking off when in the final spin cycle of the washing process. I have replaced the basket kit and that did not fix the problem. What else could be wrong?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe this machine might be 3-5 years old, it was my mother's. The model is a whirlpool cabrio platinum WTW8200YW0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so..everything else seems to be working fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

OK
No..I prefer just email or text

So unfortunately the only thing that makes a roaring noise during the spin cycle on this washer is a bad bearing seal and shaft. This is quite a project to replace these parts but there is a video that you can watch to see the process if you wanted to see what you're in for. Whirlpool makes the Cabrio washer as well as this Bravos washer with the Maytag brand name on it so don't be confused by the names in the video.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?