Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have aSamsung model # RF268ABRS, bought used and just plug…

Customer Question
I have aSamsung model...

I have aSamsung model # RF268ABRS , bought used and just plug in , no water dispensing and display on freezer side is 88 and frig is flashing 88 89

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

RF268ABRS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, Im a aircraft tech

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The frig is cooling. The freezer doesnt seems to be cooling and I cant adjust temp

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

No want to have it in text

This error indicates the Ice tray has not returned to level after an ice harvest. The error is displayed after three failed attempts. You need to replace the icemaker on the unit and you can try diagnostic mode to get the error code out again...

Self Diagnosis: Press the Pwr Freeze—Pwr Cool buttons simultaneously for 8-12 seconds (No sound when both buttons are pressed at the same time) until the display quits blinking. Release the buttons and read Fault Codes. This will also cancel the Fault Mode created by self-diagnosis at power up.

That may clear it. If not get an icemaker for the unit.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....otherwise I receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Dont c a pwr freeze pwr cool button

How about ENERGY SAVER and ALARM?

Ok press and hold those at the same time for 8-12 secs and it should show you the code and clear it as well.

It didnt. Would that also cause no water or freezer not to cool

Yes it can the icemaker being bad causes a lot of issues.

It has a dual icemaker which would it be

The one in the freezer.

Ill try replacing

Ok sounds good.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

held the button and it reset. I now have an code A9. the compressor and conndenser fan runs, neither of the evap fans ran

That is a refrigerator fan error code and an icemaker code you may have a faulty main control board since I doubt everything is bad.

Hi there,

Still waiting ti order main board
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago

Merry Christmas....All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,