Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE over range microwave. It started beeping and…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE over range microwave. It started beeping and will not work. Buttons will not push. I turned the breaker off for 5minutes and tried again. It still is beeping every few minutes and still does not work. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I’ve had it maybe 4 years. Model JVM1540DM5WW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Probably so.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The screen says to press the Clock button but it won’t press.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is typically a a touchpad failure on the unit you can try to unplug the unit for a full minute and plug it back in. IF that continues and it is beeping the unit has a bad touchpad. Here is a link to the part to replace.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO REFERENCE TO HELP TAKE IT APART

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....otherwise I receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I can’t unplug it. I cannot left the microwave and unplug at the same time. I turned the breaker off for 5 minutes.

OK turning off the breaker is the same thing, so if it continues to beep and no buttons work replace that touchpad.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!