Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 20 yrs. experience with 25,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a GE refrigerator model # GFSF6KKYEBB and the freezer

Customer Question

I have a GE refrigerator model # GFSF6KKYEBB and the freezer light burned out. I have purchased and tried 4 different appliance bulbs and none of them work. I am not sure if it is the bulbs or another problem. Any help is appreciated.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: GFSF6KKYEBB I am estimating the age to be approximately 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if it is something that is feasible for me to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, just was curious if there is a specific bulb needed or if it could be something else wrong. All was working until bulb burned out. Sorry for the delay, I was on a conference call.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you checked the socket for power with a volt meter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not yet
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am getting on another conference call so will need toncheck nack later

OK just check that and let me know, often this is just a bad socket on the unit.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,