Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE refrigerator model # GFSF6KKYEBB and the freezer…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE refrigerator model # GFSF6KKYEBB and the freezer light burned out. I have purchased and tried 4 different appliance bulbs and none of them work. I am not sure if it is the bulbs or another problem. Any help is appreciated.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GFSF6KKYEBB I am estimating the age to be approximately 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if it is something that is feasible for me to do

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just was curious if there is a specific bulb needed or if it could be something else wrong. All was working until bulb burned out. Sorry for the delay, I was on a conference call.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you checked the socket for power with a volt meter?

Not yet
I am getting on another conference call so will need toncheck nack later

OK just check that and let me know, often this is just a bad socket on the unit.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,