Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Control panel on Samsung refrigerator is "frozen" and

Customer Question
Control panel on Samsung...

Control panel on Samsung refrigerator is "frozen" and dispenses ice only. Need to reprogram?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 6 years old and it is at our lake house so no model # handy

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There is no reprogramming on Samsung dispensers. That means that if it still dispenses ice, the actuator switch and dispenser are still getting power. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, press and hold the upper right and upper left buttons on the dispenser panel for 5 seconds to do a hard reset. Hopefully one of those will reset the dispenser panel---if not then the panel would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?