Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kenmore elite dishwasher and the lock is on and i…

Customer Question
I have a kenmore...

I have a kenmore elite dishwasher and the lock is on and i don't know how to turn it off. i had a problem with the top shelp and had to take it out and put it back in. that seems to be ok but it was after that the lock was on. could i have done something then?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I think it is about 3 1/2 years old . i only have the installation instructions and i don't see a model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope so. i looked on line and it said there was a way to reboot the system and i would like to try that first.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Before the shelf incident it was working perfectly

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the dishwasher door the model /serial number is ***** the inner face frame of the tank normally on the right hand side.

the only # i see is w10297953b

That is a part number of that tag not a model number.

Lets do this!!

On the console touch pad do you see a small padlock symbol on or near any of the keypads on the control panel ?

i would like to stay with online help how do i get out of the call me

If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

i found a # on the side bra723268

That is not a model number either!

How is the manufacture of this dishwasher for Sears do you know!

Second request:

(On the console touch pad do you see a small padlock symbol on or near any of the keypads on the control panel ?)

i do not see any small lock or any other #

and you looking on the tank frame on the right hand side after the dishwasher door is opened?

Does the unit have a heated dry? or can you send me a photo of the console so I can see all the keypads?

it does have a heated dry. i'm sorry i don't know how to send a picture. if this helps it is a model that has an adjustable rack for a pot scrubbing cycle and a cycle for china

ok press and HOLD the heated dry button for 5 seconds and tell me if the lock light then goes out!

the light went out

ok so now let try to program any cycle and then start the unit and tell me if it then will start for you or not?

no the lock light comes back on

ok lets press and hold the heated dry once again and then try to start the unit again please and tell me what happens .

And also if it does the same thing Lock light coming back on .

Then open the dishwasher door and look on the edge of the door itself for a model /serial sticker.

i pressed the heated drying the light goes out . i try to select a normal cycle and the lock light goes back on

i found it the model is 665.12774k310 serial # f33802311

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

If you press cancel once will the unit start with the door closed or does the lock light just come back on ?

and if you press and hold the heater dry button and the lock light goes off if you do not press any buttons will the lock light come back on all by itself?

no only when i try to choose a cycle

Ok good info.

That tells me the issue is with in the electronic control board .

And the control board will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

i want you to know that the problem has been resolved but i thought that you might find this interesting for future problems.on my dishwasher there is a button that says top rack only and under that button it says hold for 3 seconds to lock. i was talking with a serviceman and thought maybe that was the button to unlock. it was much to my surprise and great thankfulness i will not need a new control panel or service call everything is back on track. thank you for your time and assistance

great glad to hear it but I was only going off the information that I was getting from you of course.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech
Master Tech