Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We just purchased last month a Side by side refrigerator…

Customer Question
We just purchased last...

We just purchased last month a Side by side refrigerator Model WRS325FDAM04. There is water dripping into a plastic tray under the fridge on the left side. We can see water dripping behind the bottom drawer through a hole in a plate which would be over the tray. Sounds like a sizzling when the water drips.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Model WRS325FDAM04

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what need done

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Everything else seem to work good. Date on the Tag 02/16 . Just purchased last month I registered it online

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is all 100% normal. Your refrigerator is just defrosting. The silver evaporator coils behind the back panel build up frost over time and a heater runs along the bottom of the silver coils. When the heater turns on, it melts the frost causing it to drip down into a drain trough with a small hole in it. That hole is the start of your drain hose and the exit is just below a plastic tray collection pan below the entire refrigerator near the compressor. The water will evaporate over time from the heat of the compressor.

Nothing to worry about at all.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?