Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an Amana French Door refrigerater that is about 13…

Customer Question
We have an Amana...

We have an Amana French Door refrigerater that is about 13 years old. The freezer has quit and I'm not certain the refrigerater is cooling. Would this be the compressor and are they worth repairing?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I believe we purchased in late 2004 or early 2005. I will get the model number. AFD2535DEW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just want to know if it is worth repairing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

There are several components that it one fails the unit will not cool,

But to answer your question if the compressor is bad or if the unit has a refrigeration system leak NO it is not worth fixing on a 13 year old product.

You could be looking at approx $500 to as much as $800 for a repair IF the parts are still available .
If you have any questions just reply back to me.

You have answered my question, which I suspected to be the solution from the beginning.Thank you,
Peggy Kelm

Glad to assist you any time Peggy!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.