Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a bad smell around the refrig it is a side by side…

Customer Question
I have a bad...

I have a bad smell around the refrig it is a side by side cafe. The order is not inside. We have had the drain pan replaced after 2 years. Is there any reason that the refrain would be putting off a sour smell?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It has been about 3 to 4 weeks. One day it was so bad we had to open up the house, and then the next day you could hardly smell it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know what kind of work is needed. Just asking if you have others who have this problem or if you know what it could be, We had a tech replace the drain pan.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that is all if you know anything about this problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

czs25tsebfss serial ad401451
you have the model # can you give me some idea what this smell is about? I don't need to talk.

Thank you!

If the odor is on the outside of the unit and actually coming from the unit .

The only place it could be coming from is under the unit .

Have you pulled the unit out away from the wall and removed the rear inspection cover to see if you can see anything or to be able to pin point as to where the smell is coming from?

When you give me a model number it does take some time to pull the information up from the manufactures sites it is NOT instant , so please have a little patients !

And I`m ALSO assisting other customers at the same time as I`m assisting you!

I have pull the unit out but not removed the inspection cover.

Ok so lets do that at this time and use a flash light to look for something that may cause an odor please.

Let me know what you find or see please.

ok it might be awhile before I get to that. thanks

And I see earlier you said you did not need to talk .

If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?