Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a jec9536 ads cooktop...14 yrs old...love it, Problem…

Customer Question
I have a jec9536...

I have a jec9536 ads cooktop...14 yrs old...love it, Problem with right front custom control element. The full element works fine. When trying to use just the inner element it indicates red heat light...but as soon as I release the knob it turns off,,,and no heat in inside element. Really want to avoid being taken advantage of, I live in Flint Mi 48504 thanks Yvonne

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just starting acting up last night. Had disconnected cooktop for install of counter top last week.....since then it has worked fine..till last night,

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband might do it.....but...

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Your issue is the right front infinite switch assembly .

It will need to be replaced.

This switch comes as a kit with the burner also ,that is the only way you can get the switch .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

thanks Woody......now way to just get switch?

no as stated earlier the manufacture only makes the kit which includes the switch and burner.

I suspect that this is due to them redesigning the switch so the old burner will not work with the new switch.

Please remember to rate me today!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .

This is not a free web site.