Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag 2000 when I power on select any cycle and…

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag 2000 when I power on select any cycle and press start the door locks the machine seems to click at a white box on the left side under the lower access panel below door. Immediately after there seems to be the same click sound in the rear left where the motor is. The cycle never starts. There are no other noises (like motor hum). The cycle will stop however the door will not unlock and must be unlocked manually. If I don’t unlock the door and power cycle unit then try to run a cycle the acts like it’s locking but the trigger is hitting air due to the door being locked already. No change with clicks under neither after power cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4-5 years old. Can I find the model somewhere on it?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it’s worth it yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model mhwe200xw00

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately this is an issue with the motor control board itself. This board is mounted to the floor below the tub on the left side. You can try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the control board. There are 3 screws below the lower front panel of the washer which you need to unscrew and then the lower panel will pull down and forward to remove so you can replace the control board. Below is a link to the part for your model number.

CLICK HERE for motor control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you for your response. That’s what I was kinda leaning towards as the issue. Appreciate the link!

Not a problem but I'm sorry about the bad news.

I got the part swapped it out the bowl turned one time and stopped after that (in rinse/dry cycle). Powered machine off and back on now I have the exact same problem as before when we started this conversation.

hmm I'm not sure what to say so I'll opt out.

Ok thank you
I changed the door lock switch out. The washer now will start a cycle. I used rapid wash. It starts and gets about 4-5 minutes in or right until it changes to the spin part of the cycle. When the light lights up for the spin part of a rapid wash it errors out flashing E1 F6. If I allow the washer to sit unplugged I able to repeat the process and get the error again.