Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Replace the dryer motor in a whirlpool work fine the first…

Customer Question
Replace the dryer motor...

Replace the dryer motor in a whirlpool work fine the first time second time have to hold the button for the centrifical switch to engage

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Can't say exactly how old a machine is the motor is brand new Whirlpool model number l e q 9508 pwo

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do a lot of things myself I have already replaced this motor yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just trying to figure out why I have to hold the button for at least 5 seconds for the motor to start spinning fast before the centrifical switch kicks in it didn't do that the very first time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only things that would cause your issue would be a bad motor itself, or something is dragging the motor. Disconnect the belt from the motor and see if you have to still hold the start button for 5 seconds. If so, then return the motor and get a new one because it came faulty. Otherwise, if you don't need to hold the start button anymore, start checking the drum rollers and the tensioner pulley wheel and such because something is causing the drum to rotate slowly and adding too much friction.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you for the quick response I will take the motor back and see if I can exchange it I know sometimes they don't want to do it on electrical

motor's shouldn't be a problem. It's typically switches and control boards you have problems with. But the manufacture warranty's the part for 30 days so they should definitely take it back without question if it came defective. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?