Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile refrigerator and I changed out the

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile refrigerator and I changed out the gaskets two weeks ago. I used part WR14X10238. Now the gasket near the hinges won't stay in its track. This happens on both sides. I open the door, and then when I try to close it, I can't because the gasket has come out of the channel. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's model PFCS1PJXCSS. I think it's about 10 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only what I wrote in my first message.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

Use a hair dryer to heat the gaskets up until very warm in the area that is pulling out. Then, apply firm pressure to the gasket all the way around and seat it firmly. Then, shut the doors and do not open them for at least an hour after it has completely cooled and formed. Does the behavior change?