Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We experienced a problem with our G,E, range model

Customer Question
We experienced a problem...

We experienced a problem with our G,E, range model PS968TP2CC after using the self-cleaning feature for three (3) hours. We thought we had all the residue wiped off the interior sidewalls and inside of the oven door before engaging this feature, We ended up with a baked on black residue on the oven door window and the perimeter where the oven door meets the sidewalls. Is it safe to use the oven ? We found the residue comes off the window easily without scratching it. The porcelain interior does not clean as readily. Can we use an oven spray to clean the porcelain finish. Or- Can it be run without scrubbing the porcelain or if it won't come off?your advice is appreciated. Thanks Jeff ****** >(***-***-****).

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

G.E. MODEL PS968TP2CC. Purchased 11-14-2010 from Sears.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. A&E SERVICE owned by Sears has been a great disappointment in their response to past issues with other appliances covered by a maintenance contract with them. . The last work they did for us required me to finish the work myself. If someone else you have found to be dependable is available, they would be considered.However in this case if cleaning the oven by hand and restarting is okay that would be preferable. None of the stovetop functions has been affected and we cook on it every day,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I am aware of,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortuantely these are the area that doesn't get quite as hot due to air circulating through the door and protected by the door seal and such so they don't get hot enough to burn the residue off to clean properly. You can purchase EasyOff for Self Cleaning Ovens and spray these areas, then wipe them down to clean them manual if you'd like to clean the oven better. Just make sure it's specifically for self cleaning ovens or the normal EasyOff will damage the ceramic for the oven.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?