Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dryer will not dry clothes Gas Dryer Model #GTDP740GD0WW.

Customer Question
Dryer will not dry...

Dryer will not dry clothes Gas Dryer Model #GTDP740GD0WW

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model GTDP740GD0WW Serial LD803101C 1 YEAR

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The dryer will power on and allow you to select cycle and will count down minutes but will dry.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the dryer counts down but won't actually run, it means that either your thermal fuse has failed, the control board has failed, or the belt is broken. You'll need to take the dryer apart and make sure the belt is attached. If not, then either re-attach it or replace it if it's broken. If the belt checks good, there is a thermal fuse mounted to the heater cone. You'll have to test it for continuity with a multimeter and if it has no continuity, replace the fuse. Other than that, you're looking at a bad main control board if the fuse and belt check good.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?