Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Model KFIS25XVWG1Refridgerator stopped cooling. Display

Customer Question
Model KFIS25XVWG1Refridgerator stopped cooling...

Model KFIS25XVWG1Refridgerator stopped cooling. Display blank. I observed while someone switched off, then on, the breaker feeding this appliance. I heard buzzing, then pop, in the area of the Display. Like an internal breaker blew. Is this a bad CPU/Display?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance in question?

Kitchen Aid KFIS25XVWH1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I am an Electrical Technician.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do you believe it is the Display / CPU?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I'm at work. The refrigerator is at home. Want your opinion on if you think the HMI/CPU is the problem?

Ok lets go to the main control board in the rear of the unit and test the J6-2 Red /black tracer to the J6-1 Black /green tracer for 12 volts D/C if you do have the 12 volts it is the dispenser control board ,if you do not have the 12 volts then it is the main control board .

I can also provide you with part info also.

just from what your telling me (the buzzing and the pop.

I would assume the dispenser control board .

I will test this tonight after work. What are the part #s for the Dispenser Control Board and Main Control Board?
Do you sell direct? Pricing for each?

Which the manufacture calls it a low voltage control board .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Dispenser control board .

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Main control High voltage control board

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

My friend ended buying a new appliance. They destroyed the old one moving it.

Ok no problem .

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.