Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag double gas wall oven ----the model number is…

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag double gas wall oven ----the model number is ***** available and the book has been misplaced how can i order parts to fix it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years old i ned to replace igniter and power cord

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i replaced it once before

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Would ther be aanything on the oven to help us to get a model number if i removed it from cabinet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the oven door the model /serial tag should be on the inner oven face frame.

model number -serial number was thrown out by my wife it is not available

The ONLY way parts are looked up is by the model number of an appliance!

With out a model number I have NO WAY of looking up any parts literature.

So the wife removed the model /serial tag off the oven?

Do you by chance have the use and care booklet that came with the unit?