Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My client is looking at removing a downdraft exhaust vent,

Customer Question
My client is looking...

My client is looking at removing a downdraft exhaust vent, and installing a HMWB36FS hood vent. We are trying to conserve space in the above cabinet area. Besides going with a recirculation kit, is there a direct vent option available in the Thermador stainless line?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It is an existing kitchen, maybe 10yrs old. My client is about to upgrade her gas range with the Thermador gas cooktop, SGSX36FS.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The downdraft is not an ideal venting for the gas cooktop

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that about covers it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What exactly do you mean by "direct vent option"? You have already chosen vent model HMWB36FS with an integrated 600 CFM fan no? What else are you looking for exactly?