Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I accidentally "sucked up" a lamp cord with my Oreck XL2…

Customer Question
I accidentally "sucked up"...

I accidentally "sucked up" a lamp cord with my Oreck XL2 Ultra vacuum. the vacuum cleaner immediately shut off and now it will noy turn back on. Is there a reset button/procedure?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It is an older model: UL3900H2 or XL3910H2, I cannot tell which from the user guide.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is an easy fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Vacuum was just recently serviced and was working great before I ran over that cord.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Press and hold the start or power button for 15 seconds if it does not start you have a bigger issue and a likely issue with the board if the cord stalled the motor for any length of time. You will need to bring it in for service then as this is not too DIY friendly.

Please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Thanks. Looks like I'll be taking it back to the shop.

OK no problem sorry for the bad news!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!