Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer will not work on cold. I unhooked the hose from…

Customer Question
My washer will not...

My washer will not work on cold. I unhooked the hose from both ends and the water runs until I put it back on the washer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

G E model unknown had it about 5 years and no trouble ever

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only that the cold water will not come out at all model number glwn2800d1ws

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

There's no water is coming out on the cold side You will need to check the valve to see if the solenoid is energizing. There are two valves one for hot one for cold on the unit. If you start the unit up on cold and you hear a humming the valve is being powered and is either plugged up or just needs to be changed out. That is very common at that age of unit so if that is the case here is a link to the valve and how to change it out. Note the video is just for reference to do the job.

CLICK HERE VALVE

CLICK HERE VIDEO

Please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!