Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Bravos 400 Dryer. It dried a load of

Customer Question
Greetings. I have...

Greetings. I have a Maytag Bravos 400 Dryer. It dried a load of clothes, and after unloading I wanted to dry another load. After loading the dryer, it would not start. The dryer was cool, we always clean the lint vent, and I checked the lint exhaust tube. (we exit the exhaust heat and moisture into the basement).

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I disassembled the lint vent. I ran the Fault Codes. I got a fault #25, And then later it showed both a #25 and #30. it's approximately 7-8 years old. MEDB 800VBO // SERIAL # MW3901149 // Type DSSA-ELE-2406026-EL54

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Y WOY

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

WOULD LIKE TO. I'm a life long mechanic - (Aircraft, Automotive, Construction Equipment etc).

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The F-25 error code is a inlet thermistor shorted and the F-30 is telling you the vent is restricted ,but the F30 also is read off of the inlet /outlet thermistor.

have you tested the inlet thermistor to see if it is in fact shorted ?

Just checked the connections and wires. All look good - tight, no corrosion.e

ok but have you tested the thermistor circuit to see if it is shorted to ground as the error code states?

You can test it right on the main control board on the P4-1 to the P4-2 red wires to chassis ground .

Thanks. I'll give that a try. Since the code was pretty clear, i'll pick up inlet & exhaust Thermister's and install.

ok no problem ,glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.