Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer is staying I. The cool down mode and won't dry. Can…

Customer Question
My dryer is staying...

My dryer is staying I. The cool down mode and won't dry. Can you help

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

My manual says dv210ae, and dv220ae

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what is wrong

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just the cooling light is stay lit and the clothes are not drying

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Thanks

If the cooling light stays on, either the control board has failed, or the thermistor is out of range. Test the resistance of the thermistor sensor and it should read 10kΩs at room temperature. If not, replace it. Otherwise if the thermistor checks good then you need to replace your main control board. The thermistor sensor is part number DC32-00007A and the main control board is part number DC92-00123C if you need it. Below is a video on how to access the thermistor if you need to get to it to access and test it (if you have a multimeter to test it).

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?