Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 GE Microwave that hums, but does not heat. GE…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 GE Microwave that hums, but does not heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GE Profile Microwave Model #PEB2060M1SS, SN AR902709 U

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is a cabinet mounted microwave.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I will probably have it repaired/replaced by a technician.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Normally that issue is caused by the lower door switch on the interlock circuit or a bad magnetron tube. When the lower switch goes bad the unit will work, fan will blow, but you will not get any heat. Now the same will happen when the magnetron tube burns out so it has to be taken apart and tested to see what is the issue. The cost to fix this from a tech will range from 150 for a door switch issue to 375-400 for a magnetron issue. The only way to know is to take it apart and test the switches and magentron with a volt/ ohm meter.

Please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I need to decide to repair or replace. I am pretty sure it is more than just a switch. It hummed loadstone and there was a burning electrical insulation smell. I need to know cost estimate of repairs vs. replacement.

Replace it the cost will exceed replacement to repair for that issue 100%

I don't understand your answer. Replace or repair? Which is the higher cost?

Replace the unit, the REPAIR will be too much....buy a new unit.

OK. Thanks. Can you recommend a local store for a replacement unit to include installation?

What city and state do you live in?

Houston, TX 77433

Just go to the Sears Appliance Showroom they will install it as well.