Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I havea Mod # MBF2258XEB6 serial #K34314046 Type BMA 22

Customer Question
I havea Mod #...

I havea Mod # MBF2258XEB6 serial #K34314046 Type BMA 22 Refrigerator with a bottom freezer. My ice cube maker just stopped working. We moved the frige out to make sure there was no kinks in the line. Water seems to be getting thru but it is not making ice.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It's a Maytag by Whirlpool Corp. Model # MBF 2258XEB6 It is probably around 6 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband could with directions or we could have someone come out.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that it has always worked fine. Our water filter was replaced about a week ago so the water was shut off for a couple of hours. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That ice maker was common for failure.Here is a link to a new one and a video to help you install it. Put that in and you'll be working as good as new again. I have inclided a testing video and replacing video for you as well.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

Please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!