Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Mod 5870 may tag. when she start dryer after a few moments…

Customer Question
Mod 5870 may tag...

Mod 5870 may tag .Hello ; when she start dryer after a few moments it will shut down than when she touches temp switch which only has setting the mach starts up again? this switch is not a push button only a dial. I am beginning to think could their be a short in switch. now I have run unit for 15 to 20 and it seems ok but she has had to touch switch again to start.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

The mod is 5870 with letters two . in the last week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I possible could iam a coffee tech

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just trying to figure the best possible reason what it could be.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

You should have three letters before the 5870 and three after the 5870 LIke MGD5870AWW

I see you have oped a second question on this issue ,but you have not even replied back to me on this question yet!