Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE through the wall heater/air conditioner that…

Customer Question
Goodmorning, I have a...

Goodmorning, I have a GE through the wall heater/air conditioner that isn't throwing any heat. Actually I have 2 units so i switched control panels and there still isn't any heat. What should I look for? Model # AZ41E12DABW1

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5/12 serial # 365849

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Look for an open (bad )heating element or a bad thermostat on the heating element housing.

How do I check it?
How do I check to see which one is faulty?

Wait this model does not have a actual heating elements it heat pump that reverses the refrigerant flow.

So check the reversing valve to see if it is moving or not.

And you will need to ohm it out with a Volt-ohm meter.

What should I be looking for on the ohm/volt meter?

your testing for resistance on the reversing valve solenoids.

if those are working properly then what do i look for next?

When you have the unit set for a heat mode is the fan and the compressor coming on?

they are.

ok so most definitely look at the reversing valve you might even want to tap on it ,in case it is stuck .

ok.thank you very much. have a good day.

You Too!

Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.