Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Lg Model LFC23760st french bottom door. Freezer not cooling;

Customer Question
Lg Model LFC23760st french...

Lg Model LFC23760st french bottom door. Freezer not cooling; max. 7 setting produces 20 F. cleaned back coil and fan working. Freezer use to have ice build up on back panel behind ed draws - pullout, but no longer! don't hear any air circulation; is their a separate fan for the freezer? Upper frig working well. Any thoughts / help would be appreciated.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Appox. 7 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything else.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

This actually sounds like the unit may be low on freon, remove the back panel inside the freezer section and check the evaporator coil. If only part of it is frosted and not the whole thing, the rest being bare aluminum then you have a freon leak. If that is the case the fix is too expensive for the unit and I would start looking for a new one. Note the refrigerator section often will maintain temps still because there is enough freon to get to 37 degreees, but not enough to get to 0 degrees. Check that out and see what you find and get back to me!

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!