Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I hope so. Several weeks. Washer wont drain, gives error…

Customer Question
Several weeks Contractor's Assistant:...

Several weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Washer wont drain, gives error message

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whorlpool duet sport ht. about 8--9 yearsold

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

All you want to do is send links and charge money for nothing

Often the issue on the Duet Sport is a bad drain pump or a clogged pump filter on the unit. You need to remove the lower access panel on the washer. Remove the 4 screws along the bottom edge of the front panel and it will pull down and lift out. Once out you will see the pump and pump filter. Tip the unit against the wall about 45 degrees if possible and remove the pump filter housing, which is the large round disk that turns counterclockwise to remove it. Check in there for blockages. If there are no blockages in the pump filter you will need a new pump if the wiring is fine to the pump motor.. The have redesigned the pump and I have included links below for you to order the part and a video to help you install it.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Did you get my answer and links ok?

Well I hope you got my answer and links to help you with the Duet Sport, there is a delay as I can only type and put links together so fast, I am headed out for the night so just post back if you need more help and I will post in the morning. Thanks