Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchenaid and it will start the cycle for about 2…

Customer Question
I have a Kitchenaid...

I have a Kitchenaid and it will start the cycle for about 2 to 5 minutes and then shuts off. It goes to a power fault state where I have to disconnect power to the machine wait a minute or two then plug it back in and it allows me to start a new cycle but it happens every time I start a cycle.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

KDTE104ESS and it is about 12 months old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not currently, I watched some videos they talk about heating elements, circulating pump and motor, just trying to figure where I should start to narrow down the defective part.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Is the door locking?

I believe so It initiates the cycle and I don't know how to tell in this model if the door locks all the display is on the top hidden when shut.

well does the door open? When its supposed to be locked?