Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Whirlpool Duet Steam Model #wfw87hedwo, Serial

Customer Question
Have a Whirlpool Duet...

Have a Whirlpool Duet Steam Model #wfw87hedwo, Serial #c42850443. it won't start power comes on & door locks, but drum does not turn.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

August 2014. Direct Drive Motion

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

Just tried that it didn’t work

ok since the reset did not work does water come into the unit?

No

ok ​now do you happen to have a multimeter that way we can test if the problem is with the water inlet valve or the control board itself?

No. Thanks for your help. I’m going to call for a service tech to come out.
I will send this into be cancelled then