Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My advantium microwave turntable quit spinning tonight

Customer Question
My advantium microwave turntable...

My advantium microwave turntable quit spinning tonight everything still it’s OK could smell small older underneath door

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Psa1201rss01Still heats OK

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If it’s circuit board stuff I probably can’t check that kind of stuff

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

No have not

lets try doing that. If unplugging is not easy you can turn the breaker off to do the same thing.

I did this and it worked
could you tell me if it going to happen again or what causes this

so what it sounds like is your control board just got stuck. So it shouldn't happen again no but if it does and the reset does not work your more then welcome to follow back up with me on here. Its just like a computer. Sometimes it needs to be shut down and reset.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.