Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My gas ge stove top igniter will no stop clicking. 12 years…

Customer Question
My gas ge...

My gas ge stove top igniter will no stop clicking

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12 years jgp 328 or 628 or932 933 962 or 963

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly. Ive tried turning the oven on for 30min. its been clicking for about 2 hours

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No how do I turn off the gAS

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There is no need to turn the gas off. If the unit continues to try to ignite, it means that one of your burner switches has either failed or is possibly wet. If you were cleaning, then likely it is just wet. Usually you can just unplug the cooktop and wait 24 hours for the burner switches to dry out. After 24 hours, plug it back in and if it works then great. If not, then the shorted spark switch below one of the knobs will need to be replaced to resolve the issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?