Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We own a 10 to 14 year old Frigidaire refrigerator and the…

Customer Question
Second opinion] We own...

Second opinion] We own a 10 to 14 year old Frigidaire refrigerator and the light will not come on. I'm a retired electricaian and ...... have installed a new bulb still not working. Tested for power with the door open and there is no power in the center bulb contact which says there is no power coming through the switch either as I checked it with a continuity tester the switch is fine. there is no power coming to the line side of the switch which means the problem is under the aluminium pan just under the freezer and adjacent to the light switch. Is there a fuse behind that plate that has ruptured or something else that needs to be reset to get the light working again? I would prefer your expertise and knowledge before tearing this apart further.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

CRT 18

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is not too extensive and where do I start? I'm almost 86 yrs old but very handy.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of right now.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be!

Can you please double check that model number?