Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our dishwasher is not cleaning properly. both washing and…

Customer Question
Our dishwasher is not...

Our dishwasher is not cleaning properly. both washing and drying functions affected

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Model: DWHD440MFP/07

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends what needs to be done. did not runa diagnostic test. how do you do that?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only partially cleaning and not really drying altho set on auto and more recently boost to see if that would help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Check to see if the dishwasher is actually filling up all the way with water. It should be across the basin when full. Secondly make sure the filter is clean in the unit, if that is dirty the unit can not wash properly and will not be able to break down the packets. Also check the wash arm ports for any blockages in the small port holes. Now if the filter is all clean and the water level is good then that leaves the wash pump assembly. They had a ton of issues with the wash pump on that unit. Sometimes they run too slow or not at all, then nothing gets washed and the packets of soap lay in the bottom undissolved since there really is no wash action going on in the unit. You would have to check it out and see.

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Is filling up with water. I have cleaned the filter. What are wash srm ports?
Not opting for additional $25. Have already paid $25. Can’t you just help me?
Are you able to answer with info i’ve Given you?

Is the main wash motor running on the unit?

Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?