Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a wtw5000dw0 whirlpool it wont lock, the lock light…

Customer Question
Hi, yes i have...

Hi, yes i have a wtw5000dw0 whirlpool it wont lock, the lock light is on and it locks and unlocks over and over again

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Wtw5000dw0 and its about 3 yrs.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I might. depends on how complicated it is, i dont have a multi meter i did find a claiberation video on utube, and a video on how to pull codes,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It stopped on rinse spin on the last load i washed, i had to push the start/stop button for 5 sec to get it unlocked to get my cloths out. and the cloths were spun and not wet. bit it didnt show green like the load was completly done

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

The reason it is locking and unlocking is due to the fact that when the lid is locked the control board is not seeing it as locked.

Which means the issue is a faulty lid lock assembly.

and it will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.