Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag wall oven with self cleaning function. How…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Maytag wall oven with self cleaning function. How do I remove baked on aluminum foil from the bottom of the oven

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is MEW7527DE01 and is about 15 months old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have tried the steam removal method - coating the burnt area with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar, them using a wet towel in the oven cavity at 200 degrees. Residue still remains

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Once the aluminum foil has been baked onto the oven liner you WILL NOT be able to get it all off even if you scrub it by hand, the aluminum foil has baked into the porous oven liner.

You may NEVER get it all off.

It does not effect the oven operations at all !

If you have any questions just reply back to me.