Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have the same problem with my washer. Did this ever get a…

Customer Question
I have the same problem...
I have the same problem with my washer. Did this ever get a resolution?
I have a Maytag Epic Z that will cut off in the middle of the spin cycle leaving the clothes soaking wet. It's model MHWZ600TW01. I've already cleaned out the drain. I ran the diagnostics amd it comes back with error F28, bad communication between the main computer and the motor computer. Which part do I need to replace?
The drum will spin full speed during the diagnostic, so the motor is fine. It can spin full speed, it just doesnt get told to spin full speed during the spin cycle.
What do I need to do to get this running again?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You are 100% correct about this being a communication error between the main board and the motor control board. The issue is there is no way to determine which board has failed for certain. That being said, I have yet to see the main board cause this error, so the motor control board (MCU) is the one you want to replace. The part number is ***** and it's about $250.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Ouch, the washer isnt worth that much. How can I test which part within the board is bad? Could I just replace a resistor or capacitor?
There are no schematics for the board itself because the board is outsourced. You have to replace the entire board to fix the issue