Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker has not dispensed ice for a while and then 2…

Customer Question
The ice maker has...

The ice maker has not dispensed ice for a while and then 2 days ago the water dispenser stopped working. I have model # EW23BC71IS3 Serial #4A01307240.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Electrolux Model #EW23BC71IS3 AND SERIAL #4A01307240 MANUFACTURED 03-10

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF POSSIBLE. WE HAD THE ICE DISPENSER FIXED ONCE BEFORE ALREADY. I CAN HEAR IT TRYING TO MAKE ICE BUT NO ICE IS MADE.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

WHEN THE WATER STOPPED DISPENSING WATER, I REPLACED THE WATER FILTER BUT THEN A WEEK LATER IT STOPPED WORKING AGAIN. I HAD REPLACED THE AIR FILTER BUT THE PANEL CONTINUES TO SAY REPLACE.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 5 days by:
12/10/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

I still need help.

Thank you.

1. So is it still making ice but just not dispensing?
  2. If you lay your ear on the cabinet and press the water lever, does the water valve make a humming or buzzing noise?
1. The ice maker dies not make ice at all. I can hear it try to fill the ice tray with water but I think no water even gets injected I to the ice tray.
2. There is no sound when I press on the water lever.
John, Home Appliance Technician