Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio top loading washing machine, that…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio top loading washing machine, that the lock broke on it. I see no model number anywhere on the machine, but I do have the part number that was listed on the lock, some other number next to the lock, yet above the lock, is states contains no serviceable part? I find that hard to believe. The Cabrio has push buttons for the settings. Can you help me out?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

There is no model number anyplace on the machine. I would say it is about seven years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yet, I am a 100% disabled veteran, and they don't quite over pay us.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The part number on the lock says W10059230 (ESP)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

That is a good part number for the latch, but it's been re-designed and has a new part number. The new part number you need to order is WPW10619844. Below is a link to the latch you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

my email address is***@******.***

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?