Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytage Gas double oven model MGT8775XW01. Last…

Customer Question
I have a Maytage...

I have a Maytage Gas double oven model MGT8775XW01. Last week the power surged and since then the bottom oven will not turn on. Everything else is normal

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The control panel indicated bottom oven is preheating on "Lo", but never turns on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends what needs to be done.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I shut the breaker off for a couple minutes, hoping to reset things, but that did nothing.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok so the top oven works fiine and burners work fine?

OK can you try the broil element on the bottom oven and tell me if that works?

The bottom oven doesn't broil. Only bake, convect back, and convect roast. Top oven had broil element

OK do you hear a faint click in the console when you set it to Bake?

Then it says "preheating for multi-rack baking" , which scrolls for a few seconds, then it indicates "Lo" with "preheating" underneath...but that's it. Never gets hot.

OK so either the bake ignitor is burned out or possibly the gas valve on the unit for the lower oven. Do you have a volt meter?

Instead of "Lo", it used to indicate the temperature as it was preheating.
Tell you what, if that's what you think it is, I will likely call a repairman.
Just wanted to see if it was something more simple.

OK get to the ignitor and test it for 120 volts at the two wire connection to the element. If you have 120volts there replace the ignitor. If not you would have to check at the two wires to the gas valve for the lower oven. If you see 120 volts across the two wires to the valve the valve is bad.

CLICK HERE IGNITOR

CLCIK HERE VALVE

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I appreciate the help.

No problem!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician