Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a new GE Monogram dishwasher. There is power to it.

Customer Question
Hi, I have...

Hi, I have a new GE Monogram dishwasher. There is power to it. When I select the cycle and then close the door as instructed, nothing happens and all the lights are off when I open the door. After about 5 minutes it all lights up again.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's a 2017 model.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No way!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have a service appt. today but I have no idea whether they are coming or not. I have not heard a word.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Are you closing the door then pressing start?

Hi, I have no intention of doing this myself. No, I close the door the way I always have within 4 seconds as instructed.

ok that was going to be my next question .

as in how fast are you closing the door after you have programmed it .

And I`m not sure what your looking for since this is a DIY appliance repair web site, if your not going to work on the unit your self ,this web site does NOT have in the field service techs that would come to your home!

Hi, Forget it. The site was not clear!