Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The grate on back of washing machine is rusting out, it

Customer Question
The grate on back...

The grate on back of washing machine is rusting out, it exhausts upward and has ruined the cabinet over top, is the something to stop this

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool duet WRW94Hexw1 and its about 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

And I think your washer model number is ***** WFW94HEXW1 you had the second letter as a letter R !

And on the top left corner is the washers over flow vent and Exhaust fan that is an open pipe to the exterior of the unit.

If your having moisture coming up thru the vent .

I would expect it is steam from the hot water .

Do you know what your home hot water heater is set at fir water temperature?

Did I loose you?

it is set on 120,
im not going to pay another penny i have not gotten any answer yet

If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

Ok from what your saying the washer is designed to exhaust air out of the back of the washer it even has a fan on the rear of the vent to assist in moving the air out of the dryer .

From what I`m getting from you .I would assume that the cabinets around the washer are too close to the washer making it air tight and not allowing that moisture to be exhausted properly out of the area!

How much open space do you have on each side and the top of the washer?

we have 24'' from the top of washing machine to bottom of cabinet, and about 4-6 between washing machine and dryer nothing on either side

ok if you have 24 inches above the washer to the cabinet then you should have plenty of air flow for the washer to not damage the cabinets under normal operation..

Are you sure that you do not have a leak in the washer possibly?

we have torn up the washing machine and dryer trying to figure this out, and we changed out all of the water lines, and put in a new box with all new connections, can not find a leak anywhere, we are going to try and put a shield up under cabinet to see if that helps at all, and push the steam out into room and bypass the cabinets, so there is not shield that is to be used?

The exhaust fan should push it out , is the fan in fact running?

it pushes it up toward cabinet bottom

ok then yes see if you can make some type of a deflector to push it out toward the front .

That would be about all you can do .

And would you like to have the part information for a new rear panel that is rusted?

no we are fine,

ok Glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Please remember to rate me answer!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Please remember to rate me this IS NOT a free web site.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .