Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE refrdigerator is not cooling. It was purchased in

Customer Question
My GE refrdigerator is...

My GE refrdigerator is not cooling

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased in 2015. The model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. The temperature control is set at 37, but the temperature in the fridge is 58.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The freezer is working fine. It is set at 0.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

OK

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

OK. I have to go downstairs to do that.

ok sounds good.

I cannot get the bottom tray out of the freezer

Do you see any frost or ice on the back wall inside the freezer?

No frost

OK well you'll have to remove the bottom tray to remove the back panel then.

OK. I cannot get it out. Thank you. I will call a technician.

ok good luck.

Thank you anyway. If I cannot get the tray out it would make no difference.

ok