Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Bosch dishwasher runs through the entire cycle but does…

Customer Question
Our Bosch dishwasher runs...

Our Bosch dishwasher runs through the entire cycle but does not drain. I tried unclogging the filter but it seems not to reach the part of the cycl where the pump drains the water out. So every time we run it, there is a lot of water left in the bottom.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

A couple of years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will if it would be easy. I already turned off the power to see if that would reset the control panel. No improvement, it still doesn't drain.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We tried the quick wash and the regular wash cycle. Should we try the power scrub cycle?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?