Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Error f28 on front load washer door is locked won't open.

Customer Question
Error f28 on front...

Error f28 on front load washer door is locked won't open

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's about 10 years old Maytag

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Epic Z

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Maybe if I can do it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

The F28 error code indicates a communication error between the control boards. Often times this is caused by a connection issue rather than a part failure. There are three screws on the rear of the top panel that secure the top on. Once removed, the top will slide back and come off to be set aside. In the RF corner near the front control panel is the main machine control. WITH THE MACHINE UNPLUGGED, remove each connector, one at a time, and replace into the control. This will rectify any connection issue if there is one. Once each connector has been reset into position, remove the back panel from the machine to access the motor control board. Do the same for each motor connector. Plug the machine back in and see if the code returns. Let me know if it does and we can move forward.