Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a may tag dishwasher that we recently received as a…

Customer Question
We have a may...

We have a may tag dishwasher that we recently received as a gift - from my father in law - he got it from lowes and installed it himself - first it had problems desolving the detergent tablet - the tablet would still be left in the compartment after a cycle - so we switched to liquid - now the dishes come out with soap still on them - glassware tastes like soap when you fill it with water - Please help! any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Model# MDB8959SFZ

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

And no diagnostic cycle yet

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If it's something i can handle then sure i'll give it a try

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Certainly sounds like a water inlet valve issue. Either the hoses are not plugged up correctly? Or the water is not turned all the way on. Maybe a kink in the new hoses. These things will need to be checked. First start with making sure there is not a kink in the hose.

hi Travissorry for the delayed response. I'm not experienced working with dishwashers. can you give some simple steps/directions to checking the hoses, or do you think I should call someone who knows what they are doing?

ok so the first thing you will check will be under the sink. There will be a small skinny hoses running under there. Make sure it comes down and then up to the dishwasher like this.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/iByWDV7IMis/hqdefault.jpg​

so then from the sounds of it either your water is not coming in like it should which can mean your water inlet valve is bad (yes this can happen even with new ones) or both waters are not turned on (hot and cold) both of these matters will require pulling the unit out and some testing for the water inlet valve with a multimeter if you have one.