Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The spin cycle never ends. It will say 9 minutes left and…

Customer Question
The spin cycle never...

The spin cycle never ends. It will say 9 minutes left and then jumps back up to 11 minutes.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Maytag Neptune, no it’s hasnt done this before. Even if I just put it on spin with nothing it in, it reverts back to a longer time.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I already tried to clean the filters in the hoses but that didn’t work. I’d like a quick fix but will call for repair if needed.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did was a blanket that left a lot of lint in the washer about a week or so ago.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

that didn't work

ok now it sounds like its a possibility you may have lint built up in there. Beyond the lint trap.

It started after washing the blanket that dropped it of lint

now are the clothes still coming out wet?

as in more wet then they should be? Does it get up to high speed?

I have to put on spin and that doesn't end either. It's goes from 7 min up to 10, etc. Until I stop it. It seems to be at high speed, but clothes are soaked if I don't do this. Spin seems on high speed.

ok so its not a matter of spinning. Now what is the model number of the maytag you have? It could be a bad sensor or even a control board problem.

MAH6500AWW

so​ from the sounds of it I think the problem is with your control board needing to be replaced.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-control-board-led-wp22004299-ap6006439.html

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.