Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a top loading Whirlpool washing machine. It doesn't…

Customer Question
We have a top...

We have a top loading Whirlpool washing machine. It doesn't finish the cycle and the washer is full of water.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sorry - I can't see where to look for the model number. It would be about 12 years old. I have the manual in front of me. It has the number(###) ###-####on the front, but I can't see any model number in the paperwork.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The address is Dunsborough, Western Australia

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Whirlpool washer . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

The model number if usually located on the back side of the opening of the washer. You should look towards the back with the lid opened about 45 degrees.

Question:

WIll the machine enter the spin cycle?